Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year because it gives us all an opportunity to do something we don't usually have time to do: eat turkey while watching a LOT of football. Seriously, it's a time to give thanks for the good things in our lives. That's something we don't always do today when we're thinking about the food, football, and floats, but we should. And so I don't look like a total hypocrite, I'll tell you a few things that I'm thankful for this and every year in no specific order (well, except for the first one).

- My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for giving me (and all of us) a second chance
- My family for giving me the best support system I could dream of
- My friends for being like a second family to me
- My church for treating a searching soul like a long lost friend
- My government, even when I don't always agree with it, for trying to keep this country working
- My employer for providing strong leadership closer to home
- The American Armed Forces for keeping us safe abroad
- Law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics, and medical professionals for keeping us safe at home
- My readers for allowing me to share my views with them without them getting a restraining order
- My thoughtful critics of my work for keeping me on my toes
- My thoughtless critics of my work for giving me constant sources of laughter

As you travel or spend time with family and/or friends today, take a moment to count the blessings you have and give thanks for them.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

No comments: