So much to talk about, so let's get rolling!
- First off, I have to tip my hat to President George W. Bush for commuting the sentences of Border Patrol officers Compean and Ramos. Should they have been imprisoned in the first place? No. Should they have gotten the sentences they did? No. Should they have gotten full pardons? Doesn't matter to Compean, Ramos, or their families. They'll be out, and I guarantee there will be people willing to hire them.
- Note to the media: Could you knock off the Obama worship? Not everything he does is noteworthy. So what if he rode a train with Joe Biden? It's not like he's walking on water and healing lepers. (Besides, that's what's planned for after his speech tomorrow.) I swear the media are turning into parents obsessed with capturing every minute of their baby's life on video.
- I'm sure you've noticed how smoothly the transition from George W. Bush to Barack Obama has been. Seems for all their jokes about Bush's lack of intelligence, he's smart enough to realize that petty animosity has no purpose in Presidential politics. Say what you will about the guy, he tries his best to be a class act.
- Speaking of the transition, poll numbers show that Barack Obama has the highest approval rating of any President-Elect in handling the transition into the White House. In short, people think Obama's doing a great job...doing nothing, pretty much.
- Nancy Pelosi has been talking about possibly trying members of the Bush Administration for war crimes. Yeah, now that her brilliant leadership has solved all the nation's problems, she can now focus on what America really wants. [By the way, that was sarcasm.] Seriously, who gives a rip at this point about the Bush Administration? You'd have a hard time proving war crimes outside of the Leftists Bloggers Living With Mommy And Daddy Because They Can't Hold Down A Job At The Local Mini Mart crowd, so just take some more botox injections and try to figure out how to keep John Murtha from saying something stupid.
- A lot has been made about how much money is being spent on Obama's inauguration. The actual inauguration itself is said to be at $47 million, only about $7 million less than George W. Bush's 2005 inauguration. The rest of the hundreds of millions is going into security. I don't begrudge Obama for wanting people and himself to be safe, but think of the implications for a moment. Obama is spending around $100 million for security. Maybe it's me, but if you're going to spend that much to make sure you're safe, maybe you'd be better off taking the Oath of Office, making a quick speech, and getting the heck out of there as quickly as possible.
- Want to know a great way to make an Obama supporter's head explode (figuratively, of course)? Tell him/her that you just don't care. They've invested so much emotion in him that they expect everyone to either love him or hate him. The way to short circuit that is to show complete apathy. Personally, I don't care two shakes about Obama because there is little he can do to impact me specifically as President. With that miniscule of an impact on me personally, there's no real reason for me to get worked up about what he's planning on doing or going to do. That simple doesn't compute for the Obama supporters, so they have a hard time getting their heads around it, which will give you plenty of time to make your escape.
- Now, for you Obama supporters who think we all have to get behind Obama, let me tell you forced unity just doesn't work so well. If Obama is as good as you say he is, he'll do something that will make me want to support him, and if I agree with the course of action, I'll support him without reservation. But after 8 years of you folks running down George W. Bush on things legitimate and illegitmate, you'll excuse me if I think your calls for unity ring a bit hollow.
- Take it from me. No matter what goes wrong in your life, there's always the possibility that it can lead to something good happening.