Wednesday, July 29, 2009

When I'm Right...

Since Election 2006, I've taken what seemed to be an unusual stance. I've never bought the notion that the country is moving leftward politically, and I've maintained that belief. At the time (and even after Election 2008), Leftists said that I was desperate to spin the Republicans' defeat into a victory.

In a nutshell, I said at the time that Democrats may have won, but they had to use more conservative Democrats to win. What I've also said is that this makes the House Democrats much more divided than the Left wants us to think they are. Here's what I said in a blog post titled "Why the Dems May Be Doomed in 2008" from November 13, 2007.

The Democrats are in a state of disarray right now, and not just because of the candidates running for President. The party is splintering for a number of reasons: ending the war, impeaching President Bush and Vice President Cheney, the direction of the country and the party, and so on. And when you have people whose egos are so invested in their politics as the modern left's are, that's going to lead to lost votes.

Okay, so the Dems weren't doomed in 2008 as I said they might be, but the point is still valid. At that time, Democrats were starting to grumble about what their party leaders were doing, or not doing as the case may be.

Then, today's Drudge Report featured a story where Maxine Waters is blaming Rahm Emanuel for the "blue dog Democrats" holding up so much of President Obama's agenda. After all, it was Emanuel's strategy to run conservative Democrats in more conservative areas as a means to give the Democrats control of the House of Representatives. It worked, and then it's starting to backfire. Whether it's crap and spayed...I mean cap and trade or Obamacare, the blue dogs are starting to get some backbone and standing up to the House leadership.

And who called it back in 2006-2007?

When I'm right, I'm right.

No comments: