I've been away for a bit, but the world just kept a-spinnin'. Hence, another edition of Quick Hits.
- The media have finally found out who did the posters of President Obama as the Joker from "The Dark Knight." Yet, they couldn't have been bothered to look into Obama's connection to Tony Rezko or ACORN?
- The health care town hall meetings have proven to be more contentious than the Left anticipated, but one has to ask whether they gave any consideration to the notion that people might not like having the government take over a significant portion of the economy. Their reaction has been to attack or diminish those people who reject Obamacare, which not only angers those people, but makes them look like ham-fisted buffoons. And they're supposed to be the smart ones?
- Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying handshake about Jon and Kate Gosselin? With all the important issues out there to be discussed, should we be paying this much attention to a divorcing couple from a reality show?
- I have a suggestion for the airlines: have the people who are sitting in window seats on a flight board before people sitting in the aisle or middle seats. It would make the boarding process move a lot more quickly than it does now.
- The federal Cash for Clunkers program has run out of money, which has required Congress to request more money to keep it running. Sounds like the program has fit the definition of a clunker, but I don't think we'll be able to get $4500 for it.
- Rassmussen polls show Obama's job approval rating has been sliding and his favorability index is in negative territory. Yet, he's still on magazine covers with the frequency of a movie star going through a scandal of some sort. If there's any indication of how far out of touch the mainstream media have become, it's this.
- Remember when the Left said dissent was patriotic? Now, they're doing everything in their power to stifle dissent. Ah, to be a Leftist and not to be held to any consistent standards... (And, no, I wasn't one of the conservatives who said the Leftists who dissented to President Bush's policies were unpatriotic because they dissented.)
- The Obama Administration has shut down the email box for people to submit "misinformation" about Obama's health care reform ideas, according to Politico. Although this information can still be submitted through other means, the fact they even had this online tip line is concerning. And when you consider the Administration is alleged to have been sending out emails extolling the virtues of the Obama plan, I think we can see why there was such trepidation.
- Say what you will about Hollywood, they can still put out a decent summer fluff film. When the temperature is on the rise (or even when it's not), take the time to head to a movie and forget your worries. Oh, and be prepared to pay through the nose for treats.