Yeah, I know I haven't blogged. Sue me.
- A new way to look at the Left. You know how the Left calls people who don't believe Barack Obama is a natural born citizen "birthers"? Wouldn't that make people who opposed the "birthers" "deathers"? Think about it, won't you?
- And Gore says conservatives are the factually challenged ones? The Leftist blogosphere was all abuzz a couple of weeks ago when Glenn Beck took a week off from his radio and TV shows. Although there was no independent confirmation of it and all factual information pointing towards Beck being on vacation (because, well, there's an email from July 2009 stating that he would be taking a vacation on the week in question), they were convinced Beck was suspended from Fox News for saying he thought President Obama was a racist. (Considering the actual "offensive" statement was made the month before the "suspension," wouldn't that be a big red flag that it wasn't really a suspension? I'm just sayin'.)
- And speaking of Gore... Al Gore and Bill Clinton shared the stage recently at a meeting of Tennessee Democrats. (Yeah, I was shocked Tennessee had Democrats, too!) Both of them had the same message: we need to pass Obamacare for moral reasons. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Bill Clinton's the best guy to be talking about the moral reason to do anything.
- A rarity from the Left. I'm not a fan of Code Pink in any manner, but I do have to give them credit for doing something that I didn't think they'd do. When Obama and his family went on vacation on Martha's Vineyard, Code Pink followed him and protested the war. That takes the courage of one's convictions, and it should be commended.
- May I have a word with you outside? Is it just me, or does the Obama Administration have it in for the CIA? After Leon Panetta urged against a federal investigation into alleged torture by the CIA under George W. Bush, Attorney General Eric Holder announced that a federal investigation may soon be underway. The big question I have is why. Is it a means to go after George W. Bush and Dick Cheney? Is the Obama Administration trying to keep Panetta (a Clintonite from way back) in line as a means to keep the Clintons in line? Is he throwing in the towel on the War on Terrorism? Whatever his reasoning, Obama will be in for a world of hurt if he allowed Holder to go through with his investigation.
- Like a lead zeppelin. I'm not referring to the way a certain classic rock band was described before it hit it big. I'm referring to President Obama's poll numbers. Depending on the poll, Obama's approval numbers are hovering slightly above or slightly below 50%. That's quite the drop from just a few months ago, when Obama's approval ratings were in the 80-90% range (and that's before he even had a chance to do anything as President!). As his poll numbers drop, watch Obama carefully. He'll either try to appear more moderate as a means to bail himself out, or he'll throw up his hands, give up, and shoot for the moon. With the makeup of Congress, I'm thinking he might try the latter.
- I'm sick. That is, I'm sick of hearing all the talk about H1N1 being a serious epidemic. For all of the media hype and posturing done by some, H1N1 may not be as serious as we've been lead to believe. In situations like this, it's important that we follow the money, both literally and figuratively. The government wins by appearing to be heroic when it looks like it's doing something about H1N1. The media win by getting people overworked about H1N1. The pharmaceutical companies win because they can make money off any H1N1 vaccines they invent. And all because we're turning into hypochondriacs over something that is merely a variation on the human flu.
- A movie worth seeing. Hollywood has not had that great a summer, but there's a movie out now that is worth the price of admission. It's "The Goods" starring Jeremy Piven. If you grew up watching "Used Cars" (and who didn't?), you'll find a lot of the same comedic elements in here. Plus, seeing Ving Rhames deliver a particularly offensive line involving James Van Der Beek of "Dawson's Creek" fame is gold, man! Check it out now or when it comes out on DVD. And tell 'em Thomas Lindaman sent ya.