For the better part of a year, the Democrats have been floating a trial balloon regarding "the Republican war on women." Every time a women's issue like contraceptives/reproductive rights has come up, the Left has crowed about Republicans wanting to deprive women of their rights. Sometimes, they raise good points, but most of the time they overstate the point (and when I say "overstate" I mean "out and out fabricate for political purposes").
* Leftists favor abortion, which kills millions of girls worldwide every year, even in America. This is according to the Guttmacher Institute, also known as the research arm of Planned Parenthood.
* After being at the forefront of fighting against sexual harassment, Democrats have found themselves to be the harassers, as in this case as reported by the Daily Caller.
* Women make less than their male counterparts in the Obama Administration, as revealed by the 2011 annual report on White House staff.
* Democrat strategist Hilary Rosen attacked wife of Republican presidential nominee Ann Romney, accusing her of not knowing anything about economics because she never worked "a day in her life." By the way, there are a number of working mothers out there who do know a thing or two about economics because they're responsible for their household budgets.
* Leftists are pro-gun control. Yet, defensive gun uses save the lives of up to 2.5 million people per year, and I'm pretty sure a good chunk of those lives saved are women's.
* Leftists, including Secretary of Energy Steven Chu, favor high gas prices. So does his boss. That, in turn, hurts families. And last time I checked, women were a part of families, too.
* For years, the Left has seen nothing wrong with the sexualization of young girls, saying "they're going to learn about sex eventually," a line they use to justify distributing contraceptives to children.
So, who's really waging war against women?