Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Christmas Message

A lot has happened this week in the world of politics, but, you know...I'm just not into it right now. Oh, I'm sure I'll come up with something, but today is different, special.

Last year I talked about the power of faith and what incredible faith the particulars of the Nativity Story must have had to take the actions they did, even if they didn't make logical sense. This year, I'm going to focus on a different aspect of the Nativity Story: divinity.

I still marvel at how the various pieces of this theological puzzle came together. It wasn't enough that the individual players had faith. There had to be a guiding force to put everything into motion. From the prophets who believed in the coming of a savior centuries before He was even born to Mary and Joseph to the three wise men and the shepherds, everybody was in the right place at the right time to play their parts and make for one amazing event. No coincidence or rigging by Man could have made the Divinity Story play out the way it did. It was divine will that made it so.

There are a number of emotions that come over us this time of year, but for me, the feeling of peace in knowing that God is in control and He will make happen what needs to happen, just as He did all those years ago.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

No comments: