Friday, April 25, 2008

A Response to Rev. Wright

I just watched the Bill Moyers "interview" with Rev. Jeremiah Wright. I put "interview" in quotation marks because it wasn't so much an interview as it was like those infomercials that look and sound like talk shows, but are actually hawking some product. It wasn't surprising by any stretch of the imagination. If Moyers was any more liberal, he'd make Cindy Sheehan look like Ann Coulter.

To be fair to Rev. Wright, I listened to his statements in context and in full as shown on Moyers's PBS program. After all, it's entirely possible that he was taken out of context by the politically motivated. Well, I listened, Rev. Wright and I gave you the benefit of the doubt and I came to one conclusion.

Rev. Wright, you are everything the right says you are and more.

I listened to you lament America's role in apartheid in South Africa as "terrorism."

Bull.

I listened to you lament America's "terrorist" acts against the Palestinian State.

Bull.

I heard your comments in context about "America's chickens are coming home to roost" on the Sunday after 9/11. You say you weren't blaming America.

Bull.

Sir, you are an anti-American, anti-Jewish, anti-white Pharisee, the very type that would use God's word to justify your personal agenda. No matter how many times you cry "my comments were taken out of context" or wrap yourself in holy robes, you cannot hide the man you are.

And, sir, you are no man of God.

During the softball-fest with Moyers, Wright said if you repeat a lie often enough, you start believing it. To quote Jesus, "Physician, heal thyself."

No comments: